Mathnasium of New Caney Now Hiring
May 16, 2019
Mathnasium Operates on Core Belief That Every Child Can Become Great at Math
The Mathnasium Instructor is responsible for delivering mathematical instruction to students using the Mathnasium method.
- Teach through Mathnasium methodology and terminology, using prescribed teaching practices.
- Communicate student needs to center leadership and to instructional staff in a team-teaching environment.
- Assist in non-teaching tasks, which may include cleaning, administrative assistance, curriculum preparation, or other duties as assigned.
- Teach mathematical concepts to students. Monitor student performance or assist students in a learning center environment.
- Actively search the room to respond to raised hands from students in order to answer their questions, grade their work, and address any concerns.
- Monitor student behavior and intervene when appropriate to address any behavioral concerns or redirect attention back to course work.
- Works with team members to ensure all students in the center have their instruction needs met.
- Establish and enforce rules for behavior and procedures for maintaining order among students.
- Assist students with math homework. Manage a students’ time while they are at the center.
- Verbally check-in with students at the beginning and during their session. Assign students binder material during their session. Flag, mark, write notes, and keep students’ binders organized
- Clean center tables, chairs, bathroom, trash, and/or other center areas as directed.
- Participates in parent meetings/conferences/conversations to explain current student progress.
- Instructors must be passionate about math and have strong skills through Algebra I.
- Algebra II, Trig, and higher math skills will be a plus.
Send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: 11971 N. Grand Parkway E., Suite 300, New Caney, Texas 77357
Hours: After school, part time, flexible schedule.